Turbine yesterday announced the start of the beta program for Dungeons and Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited, a free digital upgrade for Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach.
DDO Unlimited will raise the level cap, add new content and make the game free to play for everyone. Launching later this summer, DDO Unlimited will introduce an innovative new pricing model that allows players to download and play for free, purchasing adventure packs, items, and account services a la carte from the new DDO Store, or to subscribe to get unlimited access to all of the gameâ€™s content.
â€œOur team has spent years crafting DDO Unlimited into a powerhouse experience featuring cutting-edge graphics, a kick-ass combat system, high level content, and cutting-edge social tools. Today marks a major milestone as we prepare to launch the worldâ€™s most exciting free MMO,â€ said Kate Paiz, Senior Producer.
â€œTurbine is blazing a new trail with an innovative new pricing structure that will deliver a new era of choice for the growing market of online gamers, and we are very excited to invite players to work with us in the DDO Unlimited Beta program as we redefine how people play and pay for MMOs,â€ added Fernando Paiz, Executive Producer.
DDO Unlimited includes :
- Brand New Content & Features â€“ DDO Unlimited will deliver a new class, increase the level cap, introduce new adventure packs including a new 12-player raid, major combat improvements and more!
- The Fiercest Combat â€“ DDO Unlimited features an extraordinary and heart stopping combat experience that requires players to fully engage in the battle by relying on their wits and reflexes in real time. No more clicking skills and watching the action from the sideline.
- Mind-blowing Visuals â€“ Explore a vast and dangerous online world that features the most advanced graphics in the industry and is stuffed with the legendary monsters, glorious treasures, devious traps, mind-bending puzzles and endless adventures from the worldâ€™s best known RPG.
- Full-featured MMO â€“ Experience sophisticated systems found only in the best games including auctions, arena death matches (Player versus Player), NPC hirelings, gambling, crafting, and powerful social tools for finding a group, forming a guild or planning an epic raid!
- Easier Than Ever! â€“ DDO Unlimited gets you playing in minutes instead of hours, using new proprietary Turbine technology. Creating a new character is incredibly simple with guides and templates that speed you through the process. Features an all-new new player experience that gives gamers their first taste of excitement quickly while teaching them how to play solo or with a group of fellow adventurers.
To get a sneak peek at the game before general release, head over to www.DDO.com and sign up for the beta.