The official website for Karos Online, the new free-to-play MMORPG from NHN, has launched today. Visit www.karosgame.com to register for the closed beta thats begining later this month, or join the discussion forums to find out more about the game.
In Karos Online, players take the role of a hero determined to defeat the curse of darkness falling over the world of Asmara and ascend to ultimate glory by becoming the mythical Karos warrior. Through questing, guild clashes and mass PvP, they enter the fight for domination over the world’s vital energy source, Fletta. Fletta gems provide the basis for the game’s unique and complex alternate progression system; alongside traditional leveling within the game, Fletta energy can be used to increase stats, give buffs, buy resources and enchant items.
With a strong RPG component, wide range of class skills and fantastic visual combat effects, Karos Online offers a rich player experience and an exciting end-game for guilds, including castle sieges and resource control points. There are a variety of dynamic dungeons to explore, with shifting paths and surprises to challenge players as they progress in level. The economy is well-developed, with mining, fishing and crafting elements, and a consignment system for storage and an auction house.
Karos Online features include:
- Breathtaking 3D graphics and combat action effects
- 5 different races and 9 original classes, evolving into 36 different specialised classes
- Dynamic, evolving dungeons with shifting paths and surprises
- Guild wars, territory control and 500 vs 500 castle seige battles
- Alternate Fletta level progression system
- Elaborate mining, fishing and crafting system
- Small client size (700MB) and low minimum pc requirements
- Keyboard and mouse control both available
Along with the traditional MMORPG dungeons, filled with monsters and loot, Karos Online will have two types of original dungeon:
- Event dungeons, instanced for parties of up to five players, will offer adventures marked by spectacular happenings: as a party progresses into the dungeon, the environment will evolve in response to their actions, with bridges collapsing, ceilings crashing to the ground and passages appearing to reveal the path ahead.
- Maze dungeons, integrated in the open world with no party size limit, will surprise and bewilder players with walls that move and shift constantly to affect the party’s path, offering a dynamic, action-packed game experience.
The dungeons become progressively harder, with tickets awarded for completion within a dungeon. The tickets can then be exchanged for entry into the next level of dungeon.