Does anyone grow out of LEGO really?. Take for instance all the LEGO games out now that you can play, and all the figures you can collect. I must admit to having a bit of a soft spot for them LEGO bricks, especially as I have the Indiana Jones set on my desk. But take a look at this. This truly is amazing as someone has put the idea of Star Wars LEGO in the form of a chessboard created by Brandon Griffith who said ‘Since 1999, Lego has released over 100 different Star Wars Mini figures. To give Star Wars Lego justice, I decided to build three different Chess sets, one for each original episode. This is the first of the series. Star Wars: A New Hope Lego Chess’.
My goals with the individual chess pieces is to:
1. Is durable enough to play the game with.
2. Present a piece that closely represents a scene form the movie. My favorites are “Obi-wan and the tractor beam” & “Greedo”
The chess board:
1. Built strong enough to carry with out breaking
2. The playing area easily removes from the rest of the board to reveal compartments to store the pieces.
3. The detailing on the side on the board utilizes a lot of SNOT (Studs Not On Tops) techniques. This a technique that came out of the Adult Lego community.
1. The chess board is built on a base of layered Lego plates.
2. Weighs 25lbs.
3. the Minifigs were the most expensive part on the chess set.