The sequel to the frog-based ball-blasting Zuma is now available to download.
Available on PC and Mac from PopCap.com , Zumaâ€™s Revenge! effectively re-imagines the ball-blasting fun of the original Zuma from the ground up with eye-popping high-res graphics, new game mechanics and modes, boss battles and more.
In Zuma the player takes the role of a fearless ball-shooting frog, exploring ancient temples and ruins. By firing colored spheres into an advancing chain of balls to make matches of three or more, the frog blasts his way through a series of arcade challenges. The sequel brings the player to an all-new setting, the Polynesian paradise ruled by Zhaka Mu, and ups the ante with nearly triple the screen resolution of the original game, cool 3-D particle effects, and support for widescreen monitors. Further, Zumaâ€™s Revenge takes the relatively basic point-and-click input of the original Zuma up several notches, incorporating horizontal and vertical â€œslidingâ€ as well as the ability to hop from one lily pad to another to achieve greater flexibility and hit hard-to-reach areas of the screen. All-new tiki boss enemies provide a climactic ending to each major stage of the game and introduce various new forms of attack and defense that must be used to succeed in the game.
Features in Zumaâ€™s Revenge! include:
- More than 60 all-new levels in the Adventure mode alone
- Six mini-game Boss Battles that introduce explosive new attacks and wily defenses
- Three all-new power-up effects: Lightning, Laser, and Tri-Shot (plus all the power-ups from the original Zuma)
- New methods of movement like lily-pad hopping, slide-aiming, and more
- 70 all-new Challenges in the Jungle of Mystery, Quiet Village, Lost City and Mosquito Coast â€“ featuring new bonus multiplier effects in a beat-the-clock format.
- Run the Iron Frog gauntlet featuring an additional 10 all-new levels that must be conquered consecutively
- Get hoppinâ€™ in Heroic Frog mode, offering tougher, nearly infinite replayability of Adventure mode
- Amazing graphics and effects that bring the Zuma franchise into the modern world of gaming