On the eve of CES 2010, Steve Ballmer and Robbie Bach announced in Microsoftâ€™s keynote address that 2009 was a great year for Xbox and 2010 will be the biggest year ever in Xbox history.
- Xbox sold more than 10 million consoles last year and we have now sold 39 million Xbox 360s around the world.
- Xbox Live continues to redefine and lead social games and entertainment:
- Xbox LIVE enjoyed its biggest week ever at Christmas time, with a new member joining every second.
- Xbox LIVE saw record peaks of more than 2.2 million people using the service at the same time.
- The addition of new social features like Facebook, Twitter, Last.fm and Live TV and Movies through Sky Player on Xbox and full HD 1080p instant on movies through the Zune HD Movie Marketplace have been a huge success with nearly 10 million members utilizing entertainment content on Xbox LIVE.
- Over 1 million new friend connections have been made since the launch of Facebook on Xbox LIVE and members created more than 1.6 million new accounts on Last.fm, streaming nearly half a billion minutes of music.
- As announced during the keynote, â€œProject Natalâ€ will be hitting living rooms this holiday/Christmas (2010).Â â€œProject Natalâ€ â€“ which will work with every Xbox 360 â€“ ushers in an entirely new category of games and entertainment, turning YOU into the controller.
- 2010 will deliver our biggest line-up ever of exclusive blockbuster releases.Â Kicking off the first-half of the year with back-to-back Xbox 360 exclusives like Splinter Cell Conviction, Crackdown 2, Mass Effect 2, and Alan Wake. And the first content packs for â€˜Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2â€™ from Activision will be available this Spring, exclusively first on Xbox 360. Our holiday line-up of games includes the highly anticipated Fable 3, followed by Halo Reach, which is expected to be THE biggest title of 2010.