Due later this year, Victoria 2, from Paradox Interactive, promises to be a grand strategy game.
Johan Andersson, Producer at Paradox Interactive, gave an interview at the recent Paradox Interactive Convention.
“Victoria 2 is an economical game in its core,” says Johan, when stressing the title’s large focus on simulating the economy and political landscape during an era which featured the largest free market in the world. For fans of Paradox’s war strategy titles, Johan adds, “…there is of course, still war.”
Victoria 2 Main Features:
- Deep, engrossing political simulation with dozens of government types
- Detailed economy with over 50 different types of goods and various production factories
- Over 200 different playable countries, from 1835 to the onset of WWII and with the possibility to export a saved game at the end of the game into Hearts of Iron 3
- Advanced technological system with thousands of inventions to discover
- Advanced spheres of influence system, where the great powers battle over the control of the world