Let’s get this party started with Lips: Party Classics!
It’s time to grab that microphone and experience the greatest party songs in this new title. Get ready to sing and jump in at anytime with this latest karaoke installment. Just simply pick the song from the menu and take to the stage. Be ready to team up with a friend, as players can jump in with the second microphone for a great sing off session. Depending how good your singing skills are, you can sing head to head to see who scores the highest. You can even trade verses and harmonize to keep things interesting. The trigger star stream shows your stars and how to boost your grand rank
In this game you can also change your play styles from the virtual Music video section, to give your songs visual backdrop some of that groovy club atmosphere. It is here that you can also play Lips mini games.You can choose a challenge, such as going head to head in the vocal fighters section, or work together in time bomb mode. In the song options you can also customise your singing sessions if you wish. Here you can change the voice reduction to allow you to hear your voice better over the recorded vocals. I suggest you play around with that a little as I found when I played it, I couldn’t even hear my voice, even though I was singing really loudly.
As you sing you can watch the pitch wave pass over the chart bubble displayed on the screen. You have to match your singing to the timing and pitch of that track, which wasn’t always easy when you’re singing ‘Aha’ and you have to reach a very high pitch. The better you fill in the bubbles on screen, the higher the score you will gain.
There are noise maker icons that appear, where you have to shake your mic as the pitch wave passes over it. These are instruments such as a tambourine or hammer. There is also the option to take part in the gestures in which you watch your avatar move in a certainÂ way and you have to mimic it, which gives a little extra fun.
The star stream meter also appears on your screen and, when that is full up, you just have to tilt your microphone up once to activate the star stream, although most of the time I actually forgot to do that. The more stars you collect, the quicker you can advance your grand rank. Rankings shows you how well you have completed the song and whether you managed to be rewarded with a prize cup. Throughout your singing debut you will collect a series of medals.
Pitch :If you manage to fill up the chart bubble flawlessly for most of the song then you’ll pick up a pitch medal
Rhythm: Keeping an eye on the pitch wave to time your signing right and fill up the chart bubble can earn you the rhythm medal.
Performance: If you’ve got all the right moves to the music and hit most of the timed gestures within the song and have kept the microphone moving at the right time, you can earn the performance medal.
The selection of songs on Lips: Party classics was average and I didn’t really know the majority of the songs on this title. I would have liked to seen more variety. There is the option to download new Lips songs from the sing menu or from the store. Check out the hot tracks section to see what’s new on the store and to find the latest updates. If you find yourself not really liking the songs on Lips: Party classics, there is the option to play Freestyle. This where you can customize your Lips sessions by singing along to tracks from your own personal music collection.
Once youâ€™ve played the Lips collection games, itâ€™s really easy to get into the swing of things. Lips: Party classics offers a wide variety of songs from all different genres ranging from old songs, such as The righteous brothers: Unchained Melody, straight through to Youâ€™re beautiful by James Blunt. Grabbing the mic with a friend is excellent fun to see who is the ultimate singer of the two. Some of the songs that you can sing may be on another Lips game, so basically you have to insert the disc to play those. I like the fact there is an opportunity to choose which background you want your avatar to sing in and also the chance to see the original music videoÂ or choose an alternative. Itâ€™s a great game for parties or if you want to get together on a Friday night with friends. Although itâ€™s not my kind of music, I know there will be people out there that will feel itâ€™s a satisfying title. The tracks included in Lips: Party Classics are:
- Whatâ€™s up 4Â -Â Non Blondes
- Black VelvetÂ Â -Â Alannah Myles
- RehabÂ -Â Â Amy Whitehous
- Love ShackÂ Â -Â The B-52â€™s
- Letâ€™s Get It StartedÂ – Â Black Eyed Peas
- Word UpÂ – Â Cameo
- TubthumpingÂ Â -Â Chumbawamba
- Rhythm of the NightÂ – Â DeBarge
- Groove is in the Heart Â – Â Deee-Lite
- I touch Myself Â – Â Divinyls
- American Pie Â – Â Â Don McLean
- Son of a Preacher Man Â – Â Dusty Springfield
- I want to Know What Love is Â – Â Foreigner
- I will SurviveÂ -Â Gloria Gaynor
- LaidÂ – Â James
- Youâ€™re BeautifulÂ – Â James Blunt
- Rock and Roll All NiteÂ – Â KISS
- Sweet Home AlabamaÂ -Â Lynyrd Skynyrd
- She Will Be LovedÂ -Â Maroon 5
- To Be With YouÂ -Â Mr Big
- These Boots Are Made For WalkingÂ – Nancy Sinatra
- True Faith -Â New Order
- Live is LifeÂ -Â Opus
- When A Man Loves A Woman -Â Percy Sledge
- Every Rose Has Itâ€™s Thorn -Â Poison
- Brass In PocketÂ -Â The Pretenders
- Shiny Happy PeopleÂ Â -Â R.E.M.
- Iâ€™m too sexy -Â Right Said Fred
- Addicted To LoveÂ -Â Robert Palmer
- Kiss MeÂ -Â Sixpence None The Richer
- WannabeÂ -Â The Spice Girls
- Friday Iâ€™m In LoveÂ – Â The Cure
- My SharonaÂ -Â The Knack
- Unchained Melody – Â The Righteous Brothers
- I think weâ€™re Alone NowÂ -Â Tiffany
- Itâ€™s Not UnusualÂ -Â Tom Jones
- Red Red WineÂ -Â UB40
- Y.M.C.A.Â -Â Village People
- Is This Love Â – Â Whitesnake