Ladyada & Adafruit Industries have designed aÂ Monochron Pong clock. I think it’s pretty retro and cool.
They wanted to make a clock that was ultra-hackable, from adding a separate battery-backed RTC to designing the enclosure so you could program the clock once its assembled. Check out the video to see how it works.
*Â 128×64 LCD (KS0108) – we special-ordered the black and white display
* ATmega328 processor (we even stuck an ‘arduino’ stk500 bootloader on there too)
* Laser cut enclosure in black acrylic
* Beeping/blinking alarm with 10 minute snooze
* Battery backed-up real time clock (DS1307) keeps time even when power is lost for years
* European/US 12 or 24 hour time display as well as date
* Completely open source hardware, all firmware, layout and CAD files are yours to mess with
* Plenty of space for mods, a prototyping area for soldering stuff in
* Soothing animation of retro arcade style table-tennis for two