How cool would it be to slide your iPad into a desktop-sized arcade cabinet and rock it old school with some Pac-Man or Space Invaders?
The guys over at Think Geek have a brilliant gadget, if you’re planning investing in an ipad and that’s in the shape ofÂ ipad arcade cabinet.
Enter the iCade iPad Arcade Cabinet! To use the iCade, gently slide the iPad into the docking cradle. The docking cradle uses a standard 30 pin connector to link the iPad to the professional-grade arcade controls. Once the iPad is in place, launch the iCade App (available free in the App Store April 3rd) and it’s game on! We didn’t want to take any chances you’d run out of juice during your favorite game, so we included a 10w USB power adapter so you can charge the iPad through any electrical outlet. Now you’re all set to make an uninterrupted run on the Dig Dug World Record!
*Â Beautifully retro styled, handcrafted wooden tabletop arcade cabinet and MAME emulator for your otherwise useless iPad
* Play your favorite arcade games anywhere there’s a table
* Hundreds of games available from various online sources – not included in product!
* Professional grade arcade stick and microswitch buttons rated for 10,000,000 uses
* Authentic arcade controls connect to your iPad via a standard 30 pin dock connector
* One and two player select buttons add authenticity and really work!
* Integrated 2.1 dolby speakers and subwoofer in cabinet
* Includes 10w USB power adapter
* Separate iCade app required to use the cabinet controllers available soon from the App Store
* Dimensions: 9″ wide x 10″ deep x 16″ high
Buy here at $149.00