New ViDoc Takes Viewers Behind the Scenes of the Highly Anticipated Multiplayer Beta Launching May 3 Worldwide available for pre-order starting today at participating retailers worldwide are the Limited and Legendary editions of â€œHalo: Reach,â€ each packed with exclusive content fans wonâ€™t want to miss. Additionally, today Bungie unveils a new action-packed video documentary offering a behind-the-scenes look at the development of â€œHalo: Reachâ€ and a sneak peek at the new modes, features and content that players will be able to test when the multiplayer beta kicks off on May 3.
â€œHalo: Reachâ€ will be available in standard, Limited and Legendary editions when the game launches this autumn. Both the Limited and Legendary editions are filled with content based on the fiction of â€œHalo: Reachâ€ and the â€œHaloâ€ universe, and are expected to sell out quickly. The Legendary edition, which will be produced in very limited quantities, is designed for the â€œHaloâ€ fan who has to have it all. The centerpiece is a collectable 10 inch tall, more than 10 pound statue of Noble Team, created by the acclaimed designers at McFarlane Toys. Full details on the contents of the Limited and Legendary editions are below:
â€œHalo: Reachâ€ Limited Edition
In addition to the game disc and manual, the Limited edition includes:
- Game disc housed in recovered ONI â€black boxâ€
- An exclusive Elite armour set for use in multiplayer modes
- Artifact bag containing Dr. Halseyâ€™s personal journal and other classified documents and effects that unravel long held secrets from the â€œHaloâ€ universe
- Noble Team statue expertly crafted by the artisans at McFarlane Toys. Individually molded, hand-painted and individually numbered, this statue is a must-have for any serious â€œHaloâ€ fan
- UNSC-themed custom packaging
- An exclusive multiplayer Spartan armour effect
Â£49.99Â Â Â Â Â Â Standard Edition
Â£59.99Â Â Â Â Â Â Limited Edition
Â£99.99Â Â Â Â Â Â Legendary Edition
Availability:Â Â Â Â Â Â Fall 2010
Overview: â€œHalo: Reach,â€ developed exclusively for Xbox 360, by acclaimed developer Bungie, is the blockbuster prequel to the landmark â€œHaloâ€ video games franchise. â€œHaloâ€ is one of the biggest video games series in history, and is the top selling franchise on Xbox. â€œHalo: Reachâ€ is the culmination of 10 years of award winning â€œHaloâ€ games that have raised expectations for what can be achieved in a video game.
â€œHalo: Reachâ€ tells the tragic and heroic story of Noble Team, a group of Spartans, who through great sacrifice and courage, saved countless lives in the face of impossible odds. The planet Reach is humanityâ€™s last line of defense between the encroaching Covenant and their ultimate goal, the destruction of Earth. If it falls, humanity will be perched on the brink of destruction.
Top features include the following:
- Welcome to Noble Team. â€Halo: Reachâ€ immerses you in the ominous and heroic story of â€œHalo: Reachâ€ as you play as a member of Noble Team, a squad of iconic Spartan soldiers, each with deadly talents as unique as their individual personalities and customized gear.
- An Intense and Epic Campaign. Live the events that set the stage for the â€œHaloâ€ trilogy as the UNSC and Covenant clash at the height of their military power. New weapons, vehicles, and abilities complement the familiar â€œHaloâ€ arsenal for the largest-scale battles ever witnessed in the â€œHaloâ€ universe. Fiercely cunning artificial intelligence (AI) adds depth and complexity to each encounter, helping make every play-through a unique and challenging experience whether players go it alone or connect with up to three friends to launch a cooperative assault.
- The Definitive Multiplayer Experience. To match the ambition of the most epic campaign in Haloâ€™s history, the battle continues online where Halo: Reachâ€™s dramatically expanded suite of multiplayer offerings will once again redefine the landscape of online gaming and deliver an unequaled experience to millions of Halo fans.Â â€œHalo: Reachâ€ sets a new standard for competitive gameplay, customization, matchmaking and community integration. With the addition of the new social settings, you can play with the people you want to by finding like-minded teammates, voting on preferred maps and gametypes and keeping an active roster.Â In addition, all new multiplayer experiences offer more variety for all types of players.Â â€œInvasionâ€ lets players battle as Spartans vs Elites through intense, objective-based battles.Â And the highly competitive â€œArenaâ€ lets players hone their skills in an all-out competition for ranking and bragging rights. 1
- Stunning Technical Advancements. â€œHalo: Reachâ€ takes a significant leap forward with all-new engine technology representing the next generation of art, audio, AI, animation, and Hollywood-style special effects.Â Power through massive scale combat across sweeping open environments and fight up close and personal alongside new characters and creatures as you unravel mysteries buried deep in the â€œHaloâ€ universe.
- Player Customization & Reward. â€œHalo: Reachâ€ gives you the ability to customize and personalize your Spartan with a staggering array of armor accessories that will appear in both multiplayer and campaign play. Across every game mode, youâ€™re rewarded for everything you do, for every style of play, earning valuable credits that can be used to unlock additional cosmetic upgrades via the Armory.
Special Editions: Bungie and Microsoft Game Studios are pleased to present two special versions of Halo: Reach including in-game content and exclusive collectible items designed by the game’s creators.
Halo: Reach Limited Edition
In addition to the game disc and manual, this edition also includes:
- Game Disc in custom case modeled after a recovered ONI data module
- A custom in-game Elite armor set for use in Reachâ€™s multiplayer modes
- Artifact Bag containing a brand-new piece of the extended Halo universe: The personal notes and documents of the creator of the SPARTAN program: Dr. Catherine Halsey.
- Dr. Halseyâ€™s ONI Security Badge
- Embroidered Spartan II Patch
Halo: Reach Legendary Edition
- The complete â€œHalo: Reachâ€ collection. In addition to the game disc and manual, this edition also includes:
- Exclusive Noble Team statue from McFarlane Toys. Individually molded, hand-painted and numbered.
- UNSC-themed custom packaging
- An exclusive in-game Spartan armor effect
- Complete contents of the Halo: Reach Limited Edition, including: ONI data module box, Dr. Halseyâ€™s Journal, Embroidered Spartan II patch, Dr. Halseyâ€™s ONI Badge, and the Limited Edition Elite in-game armor.
The standard edition of â€œHalo: Reachâ€ will have an estimated price of Â£49.99, and the Limited and Legendary editions of the game will retail for Â£59.99 and Â£99.99, respectively. The two special editions will be available at select retailers only while supplies last, so fans who want to secure their copy and ensure access to the exclusive in-game armor sets are encouraged to pre-order quickly.