That is approximately how much I pay each year for Xbox Live Gold subscriptions in my house. But not for much longer, MS are showing some love to the gaming families.
Four subscriptions, two paid annually and two paid monthly, costing me roughly Â£200 each year. Never really thought about it before, but that’s a lot of money. However, come this November, I will be getting set to save a bucket load of money by purchasing an Xbox Live Gold Family Subscription.
So the Gold Family pack will be costing Â£69 in the UK. For that wonderfully low price, you will get four Xbox Live Gold subscriptions for the year, along with some other interesting features -
- Up to four individual Xbox LIVE Gold memberships.
- Family Center â€“ a single, easy to use, destination for Family Settings and account management, accessible on the Xbox dashboard and on Xbox.com.
- The primary account member has the ability to purchase and dispense Microsoft Points to other Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack members.
- Activity monitoring reports viewable on Xbox.com to help encourage discussions about safer more balanced gaming and entertainment habits.
- Simplified billing that applies all purchase charges to the primary account holderâ€™s billing account and the ability to authorise purchases, helping to manage the familyâ€™s entertainment budget.
- Exclusive family content and discounts.
This makes me a very happy bunny. With the money that I will be saving, I can buy three or four new Xbox games each year, or around 20 new arcade games, or even over 1,000 packs of chicken flavour Tesco Value Noodles.