This autumn, living room legends and their friends will join together and embark on an epic rock journey to save rock nâ€™ roll with Activision Publishing, Inc.â€™s Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. The latest installment in the worldâ€™s most popular music game series, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock will once again redefine music gaming with an all-new, story-driven Quest Mode, a completely redesigned rock-inspired guitar controller, the biggest on-disc selection of rock music ever in a Guitar Hero game and Quickplay+, which invites challenge-starved fanatics to test their rock skills in any of the on-disc or over 500 songs in the Guitar Hero Music Library.
Running on the powerful Guitar Hero engine that has been expanded and refined, coupled with the return of the critically acclaimed and fan favourite features like Party Playâ€™s jump in/jump out gameplay, a host of Competitive modes and the ability to play any combination of guitar, bass, drums and vocals, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock offers the complete interactive and connected experience bringing friends and foes to the stage in the ultimate rock music adventure.
â€œGuitar Hero has set the standard for music based gaming and with Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and the gameâ€™s all-new Quest Mode, robust and authentic set list, over-the-top challenges and rock-inspired new hardware, we are once again bringing the soul and energy of rock nâ€™ roll to fans around the world,â€ said David Haddad, Chief Operating Officer, Guitar Hero.
In Quest Mode, using any combination of instruments, players will embark on a larger-than-life, epic rock journey from the stage of CBGBs, the infamous punk-rock club in New York City, to the molten lava fields of rock treachery as eight Guitar Hero characters transform into rock warriors that must join together to use their unique, game-changing powers to help the Demi-God of Rock take down â€œThe Beastâ€ and save rock nâ€™ roll.
“The world is a boring place. Come with me, and enter a world populated of Demi-Gods and Beasts. Transform from an everyday person and become the savior of rock and roll,â€ said Gene Simmons of KISS. â€œIt was an honour and privilege to narrate Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, even more so, to voice the Demi God. From the God of Thunder to the Demi-God, how cool is that…”
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock breathes new life into gamersâ€™ current Guitar Hero music libraries providing literally hundreds of hours of replayability with the introduction of Quickplay+, which features 13 totally unique gameplay challenges for every on-disc track as well as most downloadable and importable songs from Guitar Hero World Tour forward. Gamers will complete challenges such as Band Streak, High Score and Power Challenge, which allows players to choose any two warrior powers they have unlocked to try and earn ridiculously high scores, to rank up and unlock more rewards and content than ever before. All-new Challenge Leaderboards have been created in order to capture the outrageous scores that are capable with Quickplay+.
Delivering the largest on-disc rock music set list to-date, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock features more than 90 tracks that include guitar shredding hits from bands such as Black Sabbath, Megadeth and Slipknot and larger than life anthems from Queen, Muse and KISS. Additionally, Dave Mustaine of Megadeth wrote and recorded â€œSudden Death,â€ an original track for the game, which was inspired by Quest Modeâ€™s storyline. Along with original songs, the set list also includes special re-records by famous artists and tracks from bands that are making their music video game debut. The first songs off of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rockâ€™s set list to be revealed are:
- AFI â€“ â€œDancing Through Sundayâ€
- Anthrax â€“ â€œIndiansâ€
- Avenged Sevenfold â€“ â€œBat Countryâ€
- Black Sabbath â€“ â€œChildren Of The Graveâ€
- Buzzcocks â€“ â€œWhat Do I Get?â€
- Children Of Bodom â€“ â€œIf You Want Peace… Prepare For Warâ€
- The Cure â€“ â€œFascination Streetâ€
- Def Leppard â€“ â€œPour Some Sugar On Me (Live)â€
- Dethklok â€“ â€œBloodlinesâ€
- Dire Straits â€“ â€œMoney For Nothingâ€
- DragonForce â€“ â€œFury of the Stormâ€
- Drowning Pool â€“ â€œBodiesâ€
- Fall Out Boy â€“ â€œDance, Danceâ€
- Foo Fighters â€“ â€œNo Way Backâ€
- Foreigner â€“ â€œFeels Like The First Timeâ€
- The Hives â€“ â€œTick Tick Boomâ€
- Janeâ€™s Addiction â€“ â€œBeen Caught Stealingâ€
- Jethro Tull â€“ â€œAqualungâ€
- KISS â€“ â€œLove Gunâ€
- Linkin Park â€“ â€œBleed It Outâ€
- Megadeth â€“ â€œSudden Deathâ€
- Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne â€“ â€œParanoid (Live)â€
- Muse â€“ â€œUprisingâ€
- My Chemical Romance â€“ â€œI’m Not Okay (I Promise)â€
- Night Ranger â€“ â€œ (You Can Still) Rock In Americaâ€
- Nine Inch Nails â€“ â€œWishâ€
- The Offspring â€“ â€œSelf Esteemâ€
- Queen â€“ â€œBohemian Rhapsodyâ€
- Rammstein â€“ â€œWaidmanns Heilâ€
- The Rolling Stones â€“ â€œStray Cat Bluesâ€
- Silversun Pickups â€“ â€œThereâ€™s No Secrets This Yearâ€
- Slayer â€“ â€œChemical Warfareâ€
- Slipknot â€“ â€œPsychosocialâ€
- Stone Temple Pilots â€“ â€œInterstate Love Songâ€
- ZZ Top â€“ â€œSharp Dressed Man (Live)â€
To maximise playersâ€™ shredability, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock delivers the next evolution in finger-fretting with an all-new, show-stopping guitar controller that was inspired and born from the gameâ€™s unique art style and specifically made for shredding.