Maybe some of you race fans out there that have been yearning for Gran Turismo 5Â got a bit excited at the pictures of the US collector’s edition that we featured on this site a while back? Well, this news will make your wallet melt…
The Signature Edition, which will be available for a massive â‚¬179.99, around Â£150, looks amazing. Here is what you lucky gamers could be getting -
- Metal sculpted box finished in SLS AMG Obsidian Black
- Exclusive GT branded SLS AMG 1:43 model car
- GT leather wallet containing Signature Edition competition entry card
- Branded USB key with Polyphony/Mercedes-Benz trailer
- GT branded metal key fob
- Signature Edition coffee table book featuring the beautiful cars and locations of Gran Turismo 5
- 200 page Apex drivers magazine with hints on driving technique, car tuning, future technologies and more
And, of course, a whole bunch of cool in-game cars. My letter to Father Christmas will be short this year, I know what I want. But for those that do not have the spare cash to fork out for this gorgeous set, there is a cheaper Collector’s Edition that comes with the magazine, the game, some art cards and some in-game cards. At â‚¬79.99, it certainly should be more within the price range of most gamers, but it seems a bit dull after viewing the goodness of the Signature Edition.
Take a look, salivate and then resign yourself to the fact that you can’t have it.