A host of big names from some of the most innovative and important companies in the games market have been confirmed for the London Games Conference on Thursday 4 November.
The event, which takes place at BAFTA, Piccadilly, will examine the challenges facing developers, publishers, retailers and others, within an industry that is being driven more than ever before by digital distribution, online play, social networks and the concept of â€˜games as a serviceâ€™ rather than shifting boxed product.
Amongst the speakers and panellists discussing their experiences and strategies at LGC will be:
- Heiko Hubertz, founder and CEO, Bigpoint
- Shuji Utsumi, CEO, Q Entertainment
- Ben Cousins, executive Producer, EA Dice
- Kristian Segerstrale, CEO, Playfish
- Phil Harrison, co-founder and general partner, London Venture Partners
- Chris Petrovic, senior vice president and general manager, Gamestop Digital Ventures
- Dave Perry, co-founder and CEO, Gaikai
- Ian Chambers, international vice president, Direct2Drive
- David Reeves, chief operating officer, Capcom Europe
- Floris Jan Cuypers, business development director, Spil Games
Screen Digest will also be presenting exclusive new data at the conference. Ed Vaizey, the minister for culture, communications and creative industries, will deliver a closing address. And panel sessions will be chaired by MCV editor in chief Michael French, former Sony Worldwide Studios boss Phil Harrison and Eurogamer TVâ€™s Johnny Minkley.
Stuart Dinsey, managing director of event organiser Intent Media, commented: â€œWeâ€™re delighted at the calibre of speakers and panellists that weâ€™ve brought together for the second London Games Conference â€“ and with the support weâ€™ve received from UKIE, the London Games Festival and Screen Digest. The end result will be a conference that delivers a unique set of insights into the issues that are currently challenging all parts of the business.â€
A limited number of delegate spaces are available for London Games Conference, but the early bird rate of Â£229 runs out on September 23rd. Please contact Jodie.Holdway@intentmedia.co.uk to secure your place.
London Games Conference will run from 5:00-8:00pm and be followed by a networking dinner and drinks.
London Games Conference is supported by platinum sponsor IGN, and gold sponsors The Hut, AGI, InComm, Multiplay and Virgin Gaming.