British legends Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam take to Tower Bridge to unveil The Ministry of Silly Games.
The two Pythons announced this upcoming virtual world, created by Zattikka, that will be launched on FaceBook next year and will enable players to enjoy the world’s most ridiculous games.
â€œThe Ministry of Silly Games brings Monty Python characters and scenes to life like never before,â€ says Terry Jones, member, Monty Python. â€œFor years, people have wondered what it would be like to catapult livestock at French fortresses, or play Russian Roulette with an Upper Class Twit. Well now they finally can, thanks to The Ministry of Silly Games.â€
â€œI guess my visuals have always been a bit videogamey,â€ adds Terry Gilliam, member of Monty Python, â€œso itâ€™s brilliant seeing them actually in games at last. The Ministry of Silly Games looks like what was inside my head when I was creating all that iconic imagery. I know the game will prove massively popular when it launches.â€
“Monty Python is one of the most iconic comedy licenses around, but there has been no new material for over 20 years,” says Zattikka CEO Tim Chaney. “The Ministry of Silly Games will be transporting Monty Python into the 21st Century, with a totally new experience for their unique comedy that will delight old and new fans alike.”
The full list of games available to play within the virtual world for free, at launch is as follows:
- King Arthur’s Knight Fight â€“ Frantic “slice-’em-up”, featuring the Black Knight, The Killer Rabbit, Tim the Enchanter, the Holy Hand Grenade and God.
- Monty Python’s Scratch ‘N Sniff â€“ Observation game featuring Zattikka’s original Flash “Scratchcard” mechanic.
- Camelot Smashalot â€“ Catapult livestock, Holy Hand Grenades and Trojan rabbits at the fiendish French fortresses.
- Twit Russian Roulette â€“ Keep your Upper-Class Twit alive for as long as you can in this wacky game of Russian Roulette!
- Mr Creosote â€“ Feed Mr Creosote his favourite nosh but avoid the wafer thin mints in this fun one-button reaction game.
- Gumby Flower Arranging â€“ Help the Gumby match three flowers of the same kind, otherwise he’s going to hit himself with bricks!
- Gillaxian â€“ Arcade-style shooter that’s also a tribute to a great game and a great artist.
- Aerial Antics â€“ Balance your TV aerial on household objects to tune in your telly in this fun puzzler.
For more information, head over to www.ministryofsillygames.com