Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced the latest entry in the Yu-Gi-Oh! video game series. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus for Nintendo DS brings all of the strategy, fun, and dueling of the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game to the handheld! An all-new storyline pulled from the fan favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s animated series (on Cartoon Network) gives players the chance to play alongside and duel with their favorite characters from the cast as well as some new opponents!
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus seamlessly combines high-paced dueling with a deep and enthralling story mode. This time, players start in the desolate and deserted city of Crash Town – with ambitions and dreams of traveling to New Domino City to battle in the coveted World Racing Grand Prix. Soon, you realize this isn’t a dream as much as it could be a reality, so along with Toru and a cast of other familiar characters from the Yu-Gi-Oh! universe, you begin to make your way to New Domino City to duel with the best!
At the heart of Yu-Gi-Oh! lies the competitive art of card dueling!Â Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus spares no expense to give players the ultimate dueling experience with updated duelist screens for faster battles, over 4,200 playable cards including Storm of Ragnarok, and multiplayer to compete in duel runner battles with teammates.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus adds and enhances some key features to boost dueling and allow players to interact and connect with the Yu-Gi-Oh! community. Some features include:
- MULTIPLAYER: Battle anyone, anywhere, anytime via Wi-Fi connection and compete in weekly duel championships each with new rules and live leader boards!
- REPLAY: Replay has been added, giving duelists the chance to save a duel and review it again to see where they had the most success or lost; even see what moves the computer made!
- DECK DIAGNOSTICS: The Deck Diagnostics tool continues to give players instant feedback by offering players the chance to evaluate their decks and create better hands for dueling.
- DUEL PUZZLE EDITOR: The Duel Puzzle Editor allows players to post questions and answers via Wi-Fi connection while gaining points and rankings.
- TUTORIALS: Beginning duelists can jump right into the game with the all new in-game tutorial that includes instructions, in-deck structuring, and coaching tools to make the best “next move.”
Scheduled to be released in spring 2011, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus will launch in time for the Yu-Gi-Oh! US World Championship Qualifier Tournament. This tournament attracts thousands of the nation’s best duelists and has them battle it out to determine who represents the US in the Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship Tournament.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus is rated E10+ and is scheduled to be released in spring 2011 on Nintendo DS. Each game will come packaged with three exclusive trading cards.