We are completely overwhelmed with Angry Birds merchandise, but that doesn’t stop Zero Lives created something incredible with his artwork. I think it’s a genius design.
In his latest concept art, the artist goes onto say – ‘I’ve always had a love hate relationship with Tiger handheld games. When I was a kid I was easily swayed by their slick commercials promising an arcade in the palm of your hand. Time after time I got them and time after time I was disappointed by an over simplistic repetitive piece of code turd inside a promisingly attractive shell. I know part of the blame rested on me, I mean fool me once… So the other day I began wondering what had happened to them and dare I say it, I missed them‘.
So in honor of the dead, I decided to do a few updated classics starting with my favorite Angry Birds. While drawing it I came up with a defined set of gameplay ideas while staying true to the Tiger formula, a little bit of the license and a lot of crap gameplay. So here we go!
- Use the Directional Pad to select the trajectory of the bird’s flight.
- Hit the fire button to launch your bird.
- The pigs will dance back and forth so it’s up to you to time your drop perfectly. Hit them all and advance to the next level, but be warned, they get faster and harder to hit!
- You have three birds, once they are through it is game over!
- If you collect a golden egg you will get access to the Mighty Golden Eagle! A Golden Eagle advances you to the next level.
- Since this is a Tiger game, there is no ending, the game loops past world 4-18.