The next Tom Clancy offering from Ubisoft is looking to be a tactical masterpiece.
Part of the Group for Specialized Tactics, a Special Mission Unit under the direct command of the Joint Special Operations Command, the elite of the modern US Special Forces is better known by their battlefield legend. They are the untraceable soldiers called the Ghosts.
Only the best of the best, soldiers with a unique mix of skills on and off the battlefield, ever get to wear the coveted Ghost insignia. Equipped with the most advanced combat technology, the Ghosts track down the highest-value targets in the highest-risk conflict areas around the world, fighting from the shadows in any climate or terrain.
In the near future, four of these elite soldiers serve as the tip of the spear in a hidden war raging across the globe. But even as Ghost Lead, Pepper, 30K, and Kozak accomplish their objectives, they discover the threat they face is greater than they ever imagined – one that could alter the international balance of power forever.
As seen in the Microsoft E3 press conference, Future Soldier will feature Kinect functionality within the “Gunsmith” feature where the player will be able to customise every aspect of their weapons using gestures and voice. They will then be able to test out their creations, also using gestures, within a virtual shooting range. All things considered, this is possibly the best use of Kinect functionality in a game that I have seen.
Join the legendary Ghosts
Elite among the elite, you don’t apply to join the Ghosts. They find you.
In the role of Sergeant John Kozak, a new squad member, fight alongside 3 veteran operators in a character-focused 10h storyline.
Your team takes the battle to 8 spectacular locales, from the heat and dust of Africa to the Arctic Circle.
Become the ultimate “quiet professional”, with unique stealth kills & brutal close-combat moves. Deploy with cutting-edge, authentic military tech, including more than 50 weapons
Elite Co-op: 4 soldiers vs. an army
- Perform highly-coordinated takedowns and devastating large-scale strikes utilizing multiple viewpoints.
- Activate the Cross-com, the ultimate squad battlefield tool, to coordinate attacks and multiply your striking power:
- A.T.L.A.S, the brand new Augmented Reality system, allows the display of real-time intel, providing live feedback on the evolving battlefield situation
- W.A.R (Weapon Augmented Reality) is the battlefield counterpart of A.T.L.A.S, allowing the Ghosts to synchronize their Cross-com to any weapon they use instantly. With that power in their hands, they can perform deadly synch shots with the Cross Target laser that identifies who’s in your teammates’ sights.
Play through the 14 campaign missions with up to 3 friends.
- Thrilling & Innovative Multiplayer Online experience created by Red Storm, the studio behind the critically acclaimed GRAW-series MP modes.
- Intel and teamwork are at the core of this innovative Multiplayer experience:
- Try to sneak behind your enemy and use the Data Mugging to steal info about hostile positions, giving your team a decisive advantage.
- Put your plan in action with the new coordination tools. Share your next objectives with your teammates without saying a word.
- The new suppression system adds a strategic layer to firefights.
- Select from 3 classes (Rifleman, Engineer and Scout) and unlock new gear to battle online across 10 maps.
- 4 game modes, including new exclusives and GR’s classic Siege.
- The Gunsmith customization mode lets you choose from dozens of attachments and components. Replace triggers, barrels, stocks and much more to trick out your weapon and make it your own.