Emily The Strange: Strangerous is coming to DS next week, complete with puzzles and lost kittens. Right…
Strangerous is a puzzle/adventure game in a similar manner to the Professor Layton games for DS/DSi that revolves around the iconic character of Emily Strange and her missing kittens. With six chapters and over 60 puzzles, the game will offer more than 50 hours of gameplay.
Emily the Strange has been an iconic character since the early 1990’s and has become a beloved counterculture icon all around the world. In her earliest years, she was a quiet but sharp-witted stranger, slinging philosophy and cultural observations in a series of hand-screened t-shirts and stickers. As her presence grew and became a standard in the cultural underground, Emily’s own story began to emerge in a series of gift books, then comic-books and graphic novels, and now a novel series for young adults. “Strangerous” looks to give gamers the chance to experience Emily the Strange in a whole new environment and for the first time, to control and interact with Emily!
Emily The Strange: Strangerous, from PQube, has the following features:
- Emily can switch between the world of strange and several parallel universes / dream worlds
- Adventure story mode in 6 chapters
- 65 puzzles to solve
- Emily has her 4 cats and 6 of her typical accessory tools (like the slingshot)
- Each cat has a specific ability/vision type that will help Emily advance. These abilities derive from each cat’s personality.
- Day and night cycles, and some puzzles can only be solved during the day/night. Objects and animals have different characteristics in the dream worlds
- Animated cut scenes showing dreams · 5 different mini games at the “atrocity fair” and with the OddISee (Emily speak)
Special Nintendo DSi Features:
- Secret room with additional puzzles and collectables only accessible to DSi users with cameras
- Zonster creator (patchwork monster dolls): Create your very own zonsters and share them with friends
- Scan Zonster codes to unlock more Zonster building parts or even use a photo of your face!