GGUK have been covering the last few weeks of the PopCap Charity Auctions and this week is the third wave in a month-long series of online art auctions giving consumers a chance to bid on once-in-a-lifetime items from the PopCap vault.
You can find those a selection of the items here from week 1 and week 2. Amongst this week’s auction items is the UK’s contribution – DJ Brainz – a spectacular six foot by six foot piece graffiti homage to PopCap’s BAFTA-nominated Plants vs. Zombies game.
The vibrant piece features a DJ-ing zombie and was created by London-based urban artist ArtJaz. The piece is on display for a limited time at London’s Mash Clothing, 73 Oxford Street, London.
Other videogame art items up for grabs include:
· Plants vs. Zombies Dr. Zomboss original concept sketch,
· Plants vs. Zombies zombies concept sketch on canvas
· Plants vs. Zombies zombie head costume
· Peggle Splork concept sketch
· Zuma Blitz ceramic tea cup and saucer set
· Personalised sketch to be done post-auction with buyer input
· Bejeweled neon blue diamond that you have to see to believe.
Starting bids for ALL of these items start at just $1 (dollar).
PopCap is donating 100 percent of all proceeds from the auctions to two nonprofits dedicated to helping seriously ill and disabled children. In the UK, monies go to SpecialEffect and in the United States, Starlight Children’s Foundation
More information about PopCap’s first ever charity art auction can be found at www.ebay.com/popcap.