Square Enix, announced today its videogame lineup for the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center, June 7–9, 2011.
This year, Square Enix brings some of gaming’s hottest and most beloved franchises to the forefront. Some of gaming’s biggest names spearhead the company’s show offering.
* Tomb Raider, from Redwood City-based studio Crystal Dynamics, ratchets up the intensity and takes gamers into the world of Lara Croft as they have never seen before.
* A new tale continues the story of Final Fantasy XIII. With new characters come new destinies in Final Fantasy XIII-2, which will be playable for the first time at E3.
* Gaming in 2011 gets augmented with Deus Ex Human Revolution from Eidos- Montréal, marking the series’ triumphant return.
* Agent 47 takes on his most dangerous contract to date in Hitman Absolution from IO Interactive A/S.
* The island of Banoi may seem like paradise — until players realize they are among a handful of survivors of a zombie outbreak in Dead Island from Deep Silver.
* Obsidian Entertainment’s Dungeon Seige III offers intuitive action gameplay, a robust RPG system with an extensive selection of abilities, an endless variety of loot and an engaging storyline.
* Wakfu is a fantasy MMO adventure with a tactical combat system and a unique anime style from Ankama Studio.
* Heroes of Ruin is a brand new adventure for the Nintendo 3DS featuring a lineup of unlikely heroes and deep social functionality.
“We’re thrilled to present a roster of games based on some of the industry’s most acclaimed franchises as well as introduce exciting new titles,” said Mike Fischer, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix, Inc. “We are incredibly fortunate to work with a global network of world-renowned studio and development partners committed to creating outstanding interactive experiences. Our goal is to entertain and engage a wide range of consumers with the best experience possible, whether they are gamers who grew up playing our games or people just learning about our vast portfolio of titles.”
To experience the latest offerings from Square Enix firsthand, visit booth 1647 in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center.
For the latest information on Square Enix at E3, please visit http://na.square-enix.com/events.