Microsoft will be releasing two Halo apps for iOS and Android devices on the 10th December. Halo Waypoint will be free on Windows 7, but ATLAS will charge you the privilege of playing it for $4.99 on iOS and Android devices. A separate premium app called ATLAS can deliver an impressive set of features the free Waypoint app won’t be offering.
The developers behind the app have detailed exactly what ATLAS, the Assisted Tactical Assault System, will include:
- Weapon and vehicle spawn locations for Matchmaking and Firefight games.
- Health pack locations.
- Near-real-time locations for weapons and vehicles during Custom Multiplayer games.
- Your location and that of your team members displayed on the map.
- ‘Follow me’ mode to track your movement.
- Dynamic player list, including current score for the teams and each player and equipped weapon for you and your teammates.