Season 3 of Sony’s online reality show ‘The Tester‘ starts today on the PlayStation Network or is that the Sony Entertainment Network?
The show stars a cast of 12 people who want to work in the video game’s industry by competing in a selection of challenges and tasks. Which I might add, have nothing to do with video games but it makes some quite bizarre and interesting viewing. The winner has the opportunity to work as a Production Associate at Sony’s Santa Monica Studio and get a $5,000 signing bonus, a 55-inch 3D bravia, a PlayStation 3 and a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium. Not bad for having a blob of slime poured over your head. I’ve never watched this series before, and I’m trying to work out whether these people are intelligent or don’t have a hope in hell of winning. Nevertheless, it’s fun to watch. and features guest people from the video games industry.
- John Garvin – Game Director, Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Director, Product Development, Sony Bend Studio
- David Jaffe – Co-Director “Twisted Metal” and Co-Founder of Eat Sleep Play
- Dylan Jobe – President, LightBox Interactive
- Seth Killian – Special Combat Advisor, Capcom
- Greg Miller – PlayStation Executive Editor, IGN
- Nolan North – Actor, Author, the Voice of Nathan Drake
- Todd Papy – Design Director, God of War III