Drinkbox Studios reveal the details of their second blob-related game, this time coming to the Vita, and release a trailer – Blobs of Mass Destruction.
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is a side-scrolling puzzle platformer about an ornery mutant blob that, after being held captive in a lab that can only be described as something out of a retro sci-fi movie from the early ’50’s, escapes into the world and sets out on a path to destroy and consume everything! A follow-up to last year’s PlayStation Network title Tales from Space: About a Blob, Mutant Blobs Attack will contain a wide range of exciting new features and gameplay modes designed exclusively for the PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system.
“We are all very excited about PlayStation®Vita and to be part of the launch,” said Ryan MacLean, CEO of DrinkBox Studios. “The system’s next generation features have allowed us to really think outside of the box while developing Mutant Blobs Attack – it feels as though the technology has in some areas exceeded that of its console counterpart. We’ve had a lot of fun creating the game and we’re working hard to get it out as soon as possible!”
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack will feature new levels, new powers, new PlayStation Vita controls, new gameplay modes, new puzzle solving elements, a new (faster) blob player character, and more.
- Play as an all-consuming mutant blob as you explore (and devour) your way through more than two dozen interactive levels.
- A wide range of environments: everything from a frat house to a metropolis
- Next generation touch controls (touchscreen and rear touch pad) combined with those of a classic platformer for a fresh take on the platforming genre
- “Tilt-a-Blob” bonus levels featuring gyroscopic controls reward players’ performance and add to the replayability
- Growth throughout levels provide players with a constantly changing perspective on the in-game world
- Challenging puzzles mixed into the action and mayhem
- Competitive, collection-based leaderboards, support for special in-game achievements and Trophies