Paradox Interactive have announced three new titles at GDC 2012, the first of which is the Sci-fi RTS RED Frontier.
In RED Frontier, the player takes the role of a mercenary commander in the outer rims of the galaxy, fighting for control over the rare spaceship fuel Starvoid. On the battlefield, the player has an arsenal of combat droids, vehicles and ingenious abilities ranging from deployable machine gun turrets and minefields to repair nanoids and orbital rocket strikes. Everything is constantly refilled as the commander instantly is allowed to re-enter the battlefield after being eliminated.
Features will include:
- Easy to join, easy to leave – Although being an RTS, in RED Frontier games can be joined and left at any time with no penalty.
- Intense multiplayer – Up to 12 players per server and player respawn enables an vivid multiplayer RTS experience.
- Tactical gameplay – True to its RTS mechanics, RED Frontier focuses on a tactical gameplay and strategic options.
- Customization – Build your own contracts of units, unit upgrades, utility abilities and commander gear to select from when deploying into combat.
- Commander development – As the player plays the game, new items are unlocked, enabling deeper customization, variety and progression.