2012 may be the year of the London Olympics, but it is also the year of Olympic event-style videogames. PQube are throwing their hat into the ring with Athletics Tournament, coming to Xbox360, PS3, Wii and PC from May 18th.
Promising 20 different events across eight unique disciplines and four-player simultaneous play, both local and online, Athletics Tournament will no doubt get everyone in the mood for some Summer sports.
The events include 100, 200, 400, 1500 metre sprints, 110 metre hurdles, Javelin, Discus, Shot Put, Long Jump, Triple Jump, Pole Vault, Hammer Throw, High Jump, Fencing, 50m Recurve Archery, 70m Compound Archery, 100m Freestyle Swimming, Diving, 100m Butterfly Swimming and Gymnastics, and online leaderboards will allow the player to share their achievements with the world.
- 20 exciting events split across 8 different disciplines
- Up to 4 player simultaneous play via online play or local split screen
- Integrated network play with global online leader boards
- Extensive single player ‘Summer Challenge’ career mode
- Individual difficulty levels for each event allowing you to set your own challenge
- Photo-realistic sports arenas with audience panorama