Nintendo’s upcoming Wii U console is scheduled to be released some time this coming year. Details have been leaked via the team at N-Europe of the Project Cars game by Slightly Mad Studios, a racing simulator game from the developers of Need For Speed: Shift. The information in the PDF document outlines how the developer will be making use of the Wii U’s appealing features. If the following information is to be believed to be true, then the information provides us with an incredible indication of what the Wii U console will be capable of within the home.
Takes advantage of the Controller Screen, Touch, Gyroscope, and Frontfacing and Camera:
- Screen as primary view – i.e., allowing you to transfer play of the game between the TV and on-the-go around the house.
- Screen as secondary view – Switch between rear-view mirror, overhead map, telemetry.
- Primary input method – Drive by tilting the controller, on-screen buttons replicate the buttons/switches on a real wheel (push to toggle on/off or flip up/down).
- Secondary input method – Manage decisions in the pits (swiping through tire choices, setting fuel amount).
- Camera – personalise your profile, pose for the podium.
-Menu navigation method – Flick photos from your gallery to the TV, private chat with team-mates.