Microsoft have announced that MLB.TV Premium on Xbox LIVE will be available in 18 new countries around the world, including the UK. The service previously launched in the US, Canada and Mexico on the 27th March
With MLB.TV Premium on Xbox LIVE, fans around the world can now designate their favourite teams to ensure the live games, recaps and highlights they care about most are at the forefront each time they turn on their Xbox. International audiences are able to watch every regular season Major League Baseball game without blackout restrictions live in HD with MLB.TV Premium. That’s 2,430 games live or on-demand—almost 100 games per week during the regular season, right on your Xbox 360. And with Kinect, you can even play, pause, and rewind the game with your voice or a wave of your hand.
MLB.TV Premium on Xbox LIVE features include:
- Live Games, Recaps, and Archived Games – With your MLB.TV Premium Subscription, international audiences can enjoy every live regular season game without blackout restrictions, or catch it later from the game archives, which include the 2011 season as well as this season. Short game recaps, which give you the ability to take in the game in less than 5 minutes, are also available to all Xbox LIVE Gold Members, as well as a free Game of the Day.
- My Teams – MLB.TV on Xbox LIVE will make the live games, archives and recaps for your favourite teams appear front-and-centre so you can access them quickly and easily.
- Every game in HD – MLB.TV delivers every game in beautiful streaming HD, and most games give every fan the option of the Home or Away audio feed.
- Mini Guide – The Mini Guide gives you a quick preview of all of today’s games right at the bottom of your screen, and makes it easier than ever to switch between games.
- Split Screen – Fans want to keep an eye on the league while taking in their own team, so MLB.TV on Xbox LIVE is adding Split Screen technology, allowing fans to watch two games at once. Watch live games on both screens or a live game on one while you catch up with a game recap or archive game on the other. You can even control both screens independently, pausing and rewinding each separately so you never miss a second of the action.
- Gesture Control and Voice Control with Kinect for Xbox 360 – Focus on the action instead of looking for the remote. Navigate through the Content Guide, skip to the next inning, or play, pause, and rewind that double play…all with the wave of your hand or the sound of your voice with Kinect for Xbox 360.
Here is the full list of countries where the app is now available:
Canada (launched March 27)
Mexico (launched March 27)
United States (launched March 27)