If you’ve played Trine before, you know it’s a brilliant action puzzling platformer and now it’s coming to the Wii U GamePad. Trine 2: Director’s Cut, exclusively for the Wii U, features the critically acclaimed original Trine 2 game, a number of enhancements and gameplay polish, alongside a new game mode called “Magic Mayhem”, designed exclusively for the Wii U.
Trine 2 is still the side scrolling platformer you’ve come to know and love and this one is filled with just as much puzzling fun for you to explore. You will play as one of the three heroes who make their way through a series of dangers through a fantastical fairytale world.
The game will use the Wii U GamePad to include many physics based puzzles, using fire, water, gravity and magic. Wicked goblins will cause havoc to ruin the kingdom and the magical environment will be full of wonder.
For the very first time in Trine 2 on Wii U GamePad, you’ll be introduced to online co-op multiplayer mode, which will support up to three players. Trine 2: The Goblin Menace will also be released on the Wii U at launch as a console exclusive.
- “The Developers’ vision” fully formed
- Improved gameplay and a myriad of level changes
- Over 100 minor changes to the original game, including improved gameplay, level changes, new vocals and character interactions and user experience improvements
- New control system designed for the Wii U
- Special multiplayer features for the New Controller and support for up to three Wii Remote controllers.
- Improved console graphics only available on the Wii U
- New collectible shards that unlock a new non-campaign game level featuring all-new puzzles
- Campaign support for the new skills in The Goblin Menace expansion
Trine 2: Magic Mayhem (included in the Director’s Cut)
- An all-new “party mode” for up to 4 players
- Online or offline multiplayer
Trine 2: The Goblin Menace
- Add-on content for Trine 2: Director’s Cut
- A new adventure featuring the heroic trio in a tall tale of goblin menace
- 6 new levels chock-full of new puzzles, hazards, enemies and contraptions
- New skills for each character with new possibilities for puzzle solving
- Completely new environments ranging from burning desert to snowy mountains to the insides of a giant sand whale.
Trine 2: Director’s Cut and Trine 2: The Goblin Menace expansion campaign will be released at the launch of the Wii U. Trine 2 is currently available on Steam for PC/Mac, the Mac App Store, Linux, XBLA, PS3 and PSN.