Sony will be adding PlayStation 2 retro games to it’s downloadable ‘Game Archives’ service in Japan. The PlayStation 2 archive service will start on the 25th July and five PlayStation 2 titles will be available to download to your PlayStation 3.
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica (Capcom): ¥1,200
- Kessen (Tecmo Koei): ¥1,500
- Shin Contra (aka “Contra: Shattered Soldier,” Konami): ¥1,200
- Dragon Force (Sega): ¥800
- Siren (Sony): ¥1,200
This line-up will gradually expand following the 25th launch date and Sony have said new releases will appear once a month. The future titles include the following listed below:
- Dead or Alive 2 Hard Core (Tecmo Koei): ¥1,500
- Castlevania (Konami): ¥1,200
- Dynamite Dekka (aka Die-Hard Arcade, Sega): ¥800
- Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box (Sega): ¥800
- Dark Cloud (Sony): ¥1,200
The Game Archive service includes first generation PlayStation Games to PC Engine/Turbo Grafix games. The service currently has over 700 titles, which are both playable on PSP and PS3. The PlayStation 2 downloads will be playable exclusively on PlayStation 3.