EA Mobile and Caesars Interactive Entertainment have launched a play-for-fun Poker app on iOS, with an Android version coming soon.
With features and functions pulled straight from live action, World Series of Poker deals fans the thrill of playing in the World Series of Poker (WSOP) tournament, all from their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. The app is designed to appeal to novices and pro players alike with the challenge of going after virtual bracelets and rings, VIP rooms and Pro status levels that can only be earned with skill.
“EA and Caesars have teamed up to bring the most authentic poker game to the App Store,” said Bernard Kim, Senior Vice President of Social and Mobile Publishing at EA. “We’ve taken the adrenaline rush of playing at the table and combined it with stats to help you anticipate your opponents’ moves for a truly fun and competitive game that fans can play anytime. No other app captures the true poker experience like World Series of Poker.”
World Series of Poker is packed with features that give fans the ability to:
- Enjoy multiple game modes including two different styles of poker with Texas Hold’em and Omaha Poker.
- Play with friends and people around the world at any time via Facebook with anonymous login options coming soon.
- Participate in tournaments to collect virtual WSOP rings and bracelets just like the pros.
- Become a VIP player to track and analyze over 25 statistics including the frequency of raises and the percentage of folds pre-flop.
- Chat in real time with other players and send virtual gifts like energy drinks, sunglasses or even pets like pandas and cobras to friends in-game.
- Earn Pro status to play in exclusive high-stakes tables with other gamers that play like the pros. Higher bets mean a better return on investment for the hardcore player.
- Purchase additional chip stacks and gold in game in addition to winning at tables and through tournaments
“We are excited to partner with EA and bring a fun and authentic poker experience to your phone or tablet,” said CIE Chief Financial Officer Craig Abrahams. “The WSOP defines the ultimate poker experience and now EA is helping bring the virtual Vegas experience to our customers across multiple mobile devices worldwide.”
World Series of Poker can be downloaded for free from the App Store.