EA really want you to know these five things about the upcoming Need For Speed: Most Wanted, due November 1st for Xbox360, PS3 and PC.
As the Criterion reboot of one of the most loved Need For Speed games, anticipation is high for Most Wanted. To further build the anticipation, EA feel that gamers really need to know these five key features -
- Race without Rules. The only rule in Most Wanted is to race without rules. There’s a start and a finish to every race – but how the player races, where and when they choose to compete, and the skills they choose to compete with – are all up to the player.
- Freedom in an Open World. From the moment the game starts, the entire world is open and ready to explore as gamers race to become the Most Wanted. The exciting open world gives players the freedom to explore more than just the road – drive above street level and jump in, out or over other building and objects. The world opens up and challenges players to test their racing skills, awareness of the terrain, knowledge of the world and mastery of weapons to take down their rivals.
- Epic Cop Chases at the Heart of the Competition. As soon as a player is spotted speeding, crashing or driving dangerously anywhere in Fairhaven City, cops are alerted and the heat is on! Heat on the player will increase the longer a chase continues, escalating faster if the player disables or destroys police vehicles.
- Competition Anytime, Anywhere. With Autolog 2, the next evolution of the ground-breaking, friend-connecting Autolog technology, players can once again recommend gameplay challenges across a their social network, but this time within both single player and multiplayer gameplay. Everything the player does earns Speed Points that will take them up the Most Wanted list – from competing for best race times and racing for the highest scores in a pursuit, to grabbing the fastest time and more. Autolog powers the player’s way to the top by automatically populating the map with challenges, helping locate friends in-game, and tracking progress and accomplishments – both offline and online. If there’s something to do, there’s someone to beat.
- Continuous Multiplayer Action. No menus. No lobbies. No restrictions. Most Wanted introduces a new style of nonstop multiplayer action that continually serves up rewards and challenges so gamers are constantly one-upping their friends. Whether it’s competing for the best starting position, the ultimate jump, or finishing first place, with the introduction of the new PlayList system, Most Wanted serves up constant gameplay and robust challenges to ensure fun, friendly, non-stop competition.
Well, it certainly sounds good, but the proof will be in the pudding. Will the game be as much fun as the original Most Wanted? We’ll have to wait until November to find out.
In the meantime, following on from Yesterday’s Limited Edition and pre-order exclusives, here is the artwork detailing the three pre-order packs. Please remember that these packs have only been announced for the US so far and have not been confirmed for the UK.