Funcom is pleased to announce monthly updates for it’s massively multiplayer online game ‘The Secret World‘. Each month Funcom will be releasing game updates with new storylines, missions, seasonal events, gameplay enhancements and entire world regions.
These new updates will ensure there is always something exciting to discover in ‘The Secret World’. The first update will be released on the 31st July and new details will become available later in the week. In his first State of the Game to the community published today, Mr. Tørnquist also revealed a high-level overview of what players can expect further down the line, including:
- Monthly mission packs, including a slew of new investigation missions
- New weapons (including a big one that will cause even bigger explosions!)
- Raids (clue for the first one: The Big Apple will never be the same)
- Expanded character customization, including plastic surgery
- A player vs. player dungeon set in an entirely new geographical area
- Dungeon finder tool to make grouping for dungeons much easier
- Seasonal events such as Halloween and Winter Solstice
- Two large adventure areas including new characters, missions, monsters, lore and more
- More social gameplay will be added to the London hub
- Combat will be enhanced significantly both visually and mechanically.