Unity Technologies, announced the winners of the 2012 Unity Awards on August 23rd at the Unite 2012 conference in Amsterdam.
Unity Technologies began the Unity Awards to honor the developers creating the best video games and interactive 3D applications using the Unity development platform. This year’s winners are:
- Golden Cube – Total War Battles by The Creative Assembly and SEGA
- Community Choice – Dead Trigger by Madfinger Games
- Best Gameplay – Beat Sneak Bandit by Simogo
- Best Visual Experience – Escape Plan by FunBits and SCEA
- Best Technical Achievement – Dead Trigger by Madfinger Games
- Best Student Game – Pulse by Team Pixel Pi from the Vancouver Film School
- Best Serious Game – Powers of Minus Ten by Green Eye Visualization
- Best Non-game – Bats! Furry Fliers of the Night by Bookerella and Story Worldwide
The judging for the awards was done by the Unity Technologies team over a series of weeks. Nominees were whittled down to the few most impressive finalists and then voted on in a blind poll.
Open nominations for the next Unity Awards will begin in Spring 2013.