Gather your lures and get ready to cast off on the first full-scale fishing game for the PS Vita, Let’s Fish! Hooked On.
With realistic fishing action and arcade-style gameplay, Let’s Fish! aims to make fishing fun with a complete story mode including four different playable characters with their own storylines and abilities. Players are challenged to improve their skills and become World Champion by competing in a host of progressively difficult tournaments on the World Tour.
Let’s Fish! Hooked On is being published by Wired Productions and developed by SIMS, and features beautifully illustrated anime style artwork designed by well-known Japanese artist Poyoyon Rock.
Leo Zullo, Managing Director of Wired Productions said, “We’re extremely excited to be working with such a renowned developer, SIMS, on a first of its kind game for PlayStation Vita. Taking Let’s Fish! Hooked On to gamers worldwide is an integral part of our expansion into console publishing.”
The game is split into four different game modes, World Tour – with its character driven story line, Challenge – quick short-bursts of fishing action and online ranking, Training – to help develop your skills, and Underwater Mode, which lets you view your prized catches, all of which are designed to make use of the PlayStation Vita’s impressive features.
The intertwining, and often humorous relationship between the games characters, drives the story as you see just how much fun fishing can be using the PlayStation Vita’s touchscreen and rear touch pad.
For more hardcore fishing fans there are nine different kinds of fish to catch – including four different kinds of Bass, Trout and Salmon – and 240 lures to earn across 11 themed outdoor stages, furthermore, the game’s intuitive controls mean it’s fast and fun to play and has more than enough to keep you entertained, whether you know your Rainbow Trout from your King Salmon, or not.
Let’s Fish! Hooked On will be coming to a Vita near you soon.
Features will include:
- Become a World Champion as you compete in 35 Amateur, Professional and Master Class tournaments on the World Tour, with each stage increasing in difficulty.
- Play as 4 different characters each with their own story line, unique skills and abilities.
- Fast and intuitive game play using the PS Vita touchscreen makes fishing fun for everyone!
- Progress through the World Tour by developing your characters skills and technique, unlocking all items and stages along the way.
- 4 challenging game modes – World Tour, Challenge, Training and Underwater Mode.
- Catch up to 9 different kinds of fish! Including 4 different kinds of bass – Florida Large Mouth Bass, Northern Spike, Small Mouth Bass and Red-Eye Bass.
- Realistic fish movements with behavioural changes affected by the season, weather, time and type of lure used.
- Play through 11 themed outdoor stages, each with varying seasons, time settings and weather conditions that influence game play.
- Earn up to 240 different lures as you progress through the game, each with their own individual ‘appeal value’ to attract fish.
- Complete all classes in World Tour mode to unlock a bonus event.
- Observe the behaviour of the fish you have caught in Underwater Mode using the PS Vita’s gyroscope to control the camera.
- Prepare for action with tutorial and training before you venture into Challenge and World Tour Mode.
- Easy to follow instructions help you learn the games controls.
- Replay appeal with 44 courses, 31 Trophies and many lures to unlock.
- Online Rankings show who the best players are with Leaderboards and Trophies.
- Character designs from world-famous Japanese artist Poyoyon Rock.
- Combination of simulation and arcade style game play appeals to all tastes and abilities.
- Original POP/rock in-game music.
- All content created exclusively for the PS Vita.
- Over 40 hours of game play.