Greed Monger, the crafting focused sandbox PC/MAC/Linux MMORPG featuring player owned non-instanced housing, PVE, PVP and more, has only 10 days left in its Kickstarter campaign. Jump in now and get your land parcels.
This ambitious project, which will be free-to-play when launched, has already surpassed its goals in the Kickstarter campaign, but that doesn’t mean that interested gamers can’t still make a pledge and get their parcels of land booked. Check out some of the planned features:
- Launch Day – (Nothing in the world but Land, Animals, Monsters and Nature. You will build the world around you.)
- Non Instanced Player Owned Housing (You buy the land from us, you then build whatever will fit on it.)
- Decorate Your House However You’d Like
- Every Finished Item In Greed Monger Is Player Crafted (Everything!)
- The More Land Parcels You Own, The Bigger House You Can Build
- Greed Monger Is Free To Play
- No Global Chat, Only Person To Person Above Head Chat (It’s time to bring back the sense of real community MMO’s used to have!)
- Player Vs. Environment Combat
- Player Vs. Player Combat
- Fast Map Travel System (Find a map on the ground left by another player and you will fast travel to their home or shop, provided you have enough food in your pack.)
- Raid Monsters (Some controlled by the Devs)
- Full Player Driven Economy (Auction system will only be used for Estate Sales. Weapons, Armor and other items will be sold person to person only.)
- Player Written Lore Based On Adventures (Amazing tales will be told and submitted by players and guilds alike. These stories may be selected as part of the official Greed Monger Cannon)
Other Game Features
- Community Events
- Regularly Added Recipes and Plans For New Item Types
- Charge Players Rent To Access Your Land (For Hunting/Harvesting Rares)
- Ages Of Time and Technology will evolve with Population and Economic Growth (Evolve into the space age as a population and you may discover a means to settle new planets! All you will be allowed to take with you is what you started the game with and that’s all you’ll be allowed to bring back.)
- Ever Growing Housing Style Options For Each Climate.
- Multiple Climates/Landscapes Will Be Available At Launch
- Resell Your Estate For Real Money In Our Estate Auction House
- No Micro-Transactions (GM Fully Supported From Land and Estate Sales)
- No Pre-Defined Skills Trees (Learn all the skills you’d like, but you’ll only be able to use a selection of combat skills at any given time.)
- Animals/Monsters Only Drop Materials To Craft Items, Not Finished Items.
Seriously, this is a really interesting project. Head over to the Greed Monger Kickstarter page to make a pledge, or Greedmonger.com for more information.