The game which revolves around the Mayan prophecy of the end of the world, which is supposed to happen on December 21st this year, is now available remastered on Android devices.
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror – Remastered is available in the Google Play Store now, priced £2.99.
Set six months after the events of Broken Sword: The Director’s Cut, the game reunites George Stobbart and journalist Nicole Collard in an epic adventure spanning the globe. When Nico takes possession of a mysterious stone relic, she cannot possibly suspect that they will quickly become embroiled in the terrifying machinations of a deadly drug baron, intent on releasing divine forces that will annihilate mankind at the end of the final Mayan epoch – on December 21st 2012.
“When the original game was released in 1997, December 21st 2012 seemed a long, long time away,” says Charles Cecil, ahead of the game’s Android release. “I’m delighted that Android owners are now able to play the game, but I would urge them to hurry.”
Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror – Remastered is a stunning update to the million-selling original. Along with an exclusive new interactive digital comic, from Watchmen co-creator Dave Gibbons, the game boasts fully animated facial expressions, enhanced graphics throughout, high quality music as well as a context-sensitive hint system, and diary.
“I am very proud of the reception to Broken Sword – Director’s Cut on Android, with the game maintaining a 5-star user review score on the Google Play Store,” adds Charles, “But let’s hope the prophecy doesn’t turn out to be true – we’ve Broken Sword – the Serpent’s Curse to finish, and playing Broken Sword II – Remastered will offer a perfect refresher ahead of the series’ return to 2D.”
Enhancements to Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror – Remastered over the original include:
- Stunning animated facial expressions
- Context-sensitive hint system and diary
- Improved background and animation graphics,
- Cut scene movies greatly enhanced both graphically and in terms of audio,
- High quality music as originally composed by Barrington Pheloung,
- Bonus interactive digital comic drawn by Dave Gibbons
- Full English speech with option for subtitles in English, French, German, Spanish or Italian. (Additional speech files can be added to any version for mix and match language support