Football Manager Handheld 2013 is now available on both iOS and Android today for £6.99. This season’s release not only includes up-to-date player and competition data, it also includes a number of gameplay enhancements, many of which have been implemented as a direct result of user feedback. These include the following.
- Player photos (in licensed leagues)
- An increase in the number of playable leagues (from 12 to 14)
- A player form ‘hot list’
- The facility to promote reserve team players to the first-team squad
- Club captain selection
- Improvements to the in-game news, media interaction and match engine
- Twitter support for all devices – allowing managers to share their exploits with friends
- A host of in-game achievements for manager to strive towards
In addition to these gameplay enhancements, there have also been a number of improvements to the user interface; in particular, specific ’skins’ have been developed for the most popular tablet devices and retina support has been added for high-end iOS devices.