Sony Computer Entertainment Europe have announced two special edition packages for The Last of Us on May 7th 2013. Fans will be able to choose between The Last of Us: Ellie Edition, which will be available exclusively at GAME and The Last of Us: Joel Edition available exclusively at Tesco and independent retail stores. Each will be packaged in a unique canvas wrap, and filled with exclusive physical and downloadable content. Take a hop, skip and jump to check out the special packages.
- The Last of Us mini artbook: explore the world of The Last of Us through some of the remarkable artwork that gave shape to the game
- The Last of Us: American Dreams Issue #1: the first in a series of comics created in partnership with Dark Horse to delve into the backstory of Ellie. The version included features a variant cover found only in these special editions
- Exclusive game pack: The Ellie Edition showcases the character Ellie on the game pack artwork, while the Joel Edition will feature Joel’s face
- Collectable poster: an exclusive screen print effect poster of each character can be found in their respective editions
- Dualshock 3 skin: skin your PS3 controllers with Joel or Ellie, depending on which edition you decide to order
Survival DLC Pack
- Bonus XP
- Melee booster
- In-game currency
- Customizable character items
- Bonus Joel and Ellie skins available once the single player game is completed
Sights & Sounds DLC Pack
- Official Game Soundtrack by Academy Award winning musician Gustavo Santaolalla
- PS3 Dynamic Theme
- PSN Avatars: Winter Joel & Ellie
- LittleBigPlanet Sackboy Skins: voucher codes for a downloadable Joel skin or a downloadable Ellie skin for your Sackboy character depending on which special edition you choose.
Finally, in addition to the Special Edition packs, anyone who pre-orders the standard version of The Last of Us will receive the ‘Sights & Sounds DLC Pack’, as a ‘thank you’ bonus.