NIS America announced today that The Guided Fate Paradox is set to release this coming autumn exclusively on the PlayStation 3 in both North America and Europe. Created by the same development team as Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, The Guided Fate Paradox is the spiritual successor to Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger Vs. Darkdeath Evilman – an extremely approachable roguelike RPG.
The Guided Fate Paradox continues in the same vein with a fresh and unique approach towards the roguelike genre, with a memorable cast of characters and story, tons of customization, and seemingly infinite replayability.
Players take on the role of high school student Renya Kagurazaka who has become a god by winning a lottery in a mall! Renya must travel through the Copy World in order to affect changes in the Original World and make people’s wishes come true. But is there some other force at work?
- In-depth customization featuring off the wall armor, weapons, and more. Want tank treads for legs? Or maybe race car legs instead? Well, there you go!
- 3D randomly generated dungeons offer floor after floor of surprises! Don’t be afraid to die, you’re God! The levels you gain while dungeon delving will help boost your stats!
- Features the beautiful artwork of Noizi Ito (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Hi-resolution 3D sprites offer sublime visuals while you ogre through the game’s ethereal dungeons! You won’t be alone though, angels are by your side!
- Disgaea-inspired over-the-top special attacks allow you to crush your your enemies with creativity drizzled with a slight hint of levity.