CCP Games, has announced that DUST 514 will launch on May 14th, 2013. The groundbreaking, free-to-play first-person-shooter launches on PlayStation 3, and players can join the war for galactic supremacy with the ease of a free download.
As with CCP’s first game, EVE Online, launch is only the beginning of the voyage with DUST 514. Gamers can look forward to an ever-progressing game, built on the experience CCP has gathered over the past decade, as new features and upgrades are rolled out for years to come. The way to victory is now open to any intergalactic mercenary with the guns and grit to accept the challenge.
Highlights of what players will experience in DUST 514 include:
- Massive Persistent Universe: Wage war on the surfaces of far-flung planets with countless environmental combinations.
- Planetary Conquest: Marshal your forces in a continuous, ever-changing battle to conquer the worlds of New Eden and control their resources.
- Large-scale Warfare: Vie for control of unique sci-fi battlefields with up to 32 players in simultaneous combat.
- Endless Customization: Create custom mercenaries with lethal dropsuits, skills and weapons.
- Vehicles On-demand: Acquire, outfit and deploy heavily armed and armored vehicles, on land and in the skies.
- Social Sandbox: Build a formidable corporation with thousands of players as you seize the opportunities and bounties that come with galactic conflict.
- Connected Experience: For the first time ever, join forces in a cross-platform gaming experience with the immortal starship pilots of EVE Online to conquer New Eden, one skirmish at a time.