I don’t really, it just seemed like the right thing to say. Anyway, here are some facts and screens from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies, which is coming to the Nintendo eShop for 3DS this Autumn.
The much loved gameplay and features from previous titles in the series are for the first time in stunning 3D, bringing the trials to life and putting players directly in the heart of the action. Players will need to investigate crime scenes to uncover clues before heading to court and presenting evidence, challenging witnesses and unraveling the truth behind each of the cases.
Joining Phoenix is the young attorney Apollo Justice and his new Assistant Attorney Athena Sykes, whose unique ability to psychoanalyze witnesses introduces a brand new element to proceedings. Using Athena’s ‘Mood Matrix’ players can detect the emotional state of a witness and judge whether they’re surprised, angry, happy or sad. By comparing this feeling with the evidence the witness is giving players can point out contradictions between their emotions and challenge the testimony.
The first case in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies sees events begin in a destroyed court room and it’s down to Phoenix and his team at the Wright Anything Agency to discover the cause of the destruction. Players will have to battle it out in court against Gaspen Payne, as they defend the accused Juniper Wood.
Further episodes will continue to test players’ abilities to uncover evidence, expose witness inconsistencies and ultimately ensure justice is done.
- Memorable characters return – Phoenix Wright is back along with the familiar faces of young attorney Apollo Justice, rival and prosecutor Miles Edgeworth
- Bring the drama to life on the Nintendo 3DS – The stunning 3D visuals bring the characters and environments to life. Change the view of a crime scene in 3D and zoom in on areas to uncover hidden evidence and clues.
- OBJECTION! – Search crime scenes for clues, present and review the evidence in court, challenge witness testimonies and unravel the truth across the different cases
- Psychoanalyse the witnesses – Detect emotional states of witnesses such as bomb disposal expert Ted Tonate and analyze their mood using Athena Sykes’ ‘Mood Matrix’. Compare how the witness is feeling to the evidence their giving and if there’s any contradiction the testimony can be challenged and the truth revealed
- EUREKA! – The unique and comical scripts, complete with all the usual plot twists and eccentric characters that have become a stable to the Ace Attorney series create the base for this latest courtroom drama
- Intuitive interface – It is now easier than ever before to investigate crimes and analyze the evidence with the updated in-game interface and game flow system, including a new feature that allows gamers to review their conversation history.