The Game Bakers’ deep sea action RPG was revealed Yesterday during Nintendo Direct to be coming to the eShop for Wii U. It turns out that SQUIDS will also be coming to the 3DS this Autumn, and the upgrades to the game warrant a new title – SQUIDS Odyssey.
Infectious black ooze threatens the Squids’ lush underwater world, turning ordinary crustaceans into dangerous mutants. The Ocean is endangered; it’s up to you and your squad of squids to save their peaceful homeland from assured destruction!
SQUIDS Odyssey takes the first two episodes in the oceanic saga and blends them together into a new edition, filled with novel ideas, extra mechanics specifically designed for the Nintendo hardware and a couple of surprises too. Controls are also completely revamped so to fully take advantage to the best unique specificities that the Wii U gamepad and the Nintendo 3DS handheld have to offer.
Features of SQUIDS Odyssey include:
- Tactic RPG mechanics meshed with precise slingshot action gameplay. Grab Squids by the tentacles then fling them across the battlefield.
- Recruit a unique team of Squids in four different classes: shooters, scouts, troopers and healers. A new Squid hero will star for the first time!
- Epic exploration, solid story-line, characters you’ll care for.
- Plenty of new missions, new levels, new tricks!
- New range of unique ability-boosting helmets.
- Full-on utilization of Wii U GamePad potential for gameplay and environment features.
- Clever dual-screen design on the Nintendo 3DS – This edition also sports 3D effects and several layers of depth.
“Nintendo hardware always had a prominent place on our living room shelves as we were growing up,” says Emeric Thoa, creative director at The Game Bakers. “We’re excited to contribute our Squids to their modern gear. The kid in me can tick that point off his bucket list.”