343 Industries and Vanguard Games have teamed together to announce that Halo: Spartan Assault will be available worldwide for digital download this December for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Halo: Spartan Assault for Xbox One and Xbox 360 will pit gamers in a galactic-scale war against a persistent and overwhelming enemy from long ago – the Flood. With over 30 stimulating missions at your fingertips, play longer than ever with the all-new online Co-op mode and the Operation Hydra expansion that delivered an action-packed addition to the single player campaign.
- New features only on Xbox One and Xbox 360 brings players a new online Co-op mode with more missions, enemies, weapons, abilities, upgrades, achievements and more
- Original Halo gameplay. A fast-paced single player Campaign spanning over 30 missions in battles never before experienced in the Halo Universe all played from a top-down camera view
- New and immersive storyline. Build your skills from within rigorous simulation training using the first missions of the Spartan Ops program, and in the process, witness the rise of Commander Sarah Palmer
- Best in Class on Windows 8. Best-in-class graphics and audio for Windows Phone 8, Windows 8 PCs, and tablets
- Built for simplicity. No matter how you play, a unique fusion of touch and console-like controls offers easy pick-up-and-play gaming on Windows Phone 8, Windows 8 PCs, and tablets, with the added flexibility of keyboard and mouse controls on Windows 8 PCs and tablets. We’ve also brought you intuitive controller action for console and Windows 8 PCs
- Integration with Halo 4. Earn experience points (XP), medals, and all-new Achievements. In the Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 version, unlock all that, plus emblems, armors, and skins for your Halo 4 Spartan career
- In-app purchases. You can earn them by grinding, or speed up your training by purchasing credits or using XP to acquire boosts, unique weapons or armor abilities