The US PlayStation Blog have published a massive FAQ regarding the PlayStation 4. While some items may only apply to the US, it will answer many questions for the UK PS4 buyer and give everyone an idea of what to expect.
The full FAQ can be found on the US PlayStation Blog here. Otherwise, here are some highlights -
Games available for the US launch –
Sony Computer Entertainment WorldWide Studios Titles
Killzone Shadow Fall
Angry Birds Star Wars – Activision
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag – Ubisoft
Call of Duty Ghosts Activison
DC Universe Online – Sony Online Entertainment
FIFA 14 – EA Sports
Battlefield 4 – Electronic Arts
Just Dance 2014 – Ubisoft
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Lego Marvel Super Heroes – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Madden NFL 25 – EA Sports
NBA 2K14 – 2K Sports
Skylanders SWAP Force – Activision
Contrast – Compulsion Games
Pinball Arcade – FarSight Studios
Super Motherload – XGen Studios
Tiny Brains – Spearhead Games
Warframe – Digital Extremes
Is there a way to rename my Online ID on PS4?
No. But PS4 does give you the option of allowing your friends to see your real name in addition to your Online ID. You can also choose to import your Facebook photo to be used as your PSN profile picture if you wish.
Will any PlayStation Store content purchased on PS3 or PS Vita systems be transferable to a PS4 system?
In some cases, yes. For example, a selection of popular digital titles including Flower, flOw, Escape Plan and Sound Shapes will be available to purchase on PS4 after launch. Gamers who purchased these titles for the PS3 or PS Vita systems (the PS Vita system only, in the case of Escape Plan) will be able to download the PS4 versions of these titles, some of which feature enhanced graphics or improved features, to their PS4 systems for no additional charge.
Can Remote Play work outside the user’s home network?
We strongly recommend that Remote Play be used within the same WiFi network where PS4 is connected. Remote Play may or may not work over a wide area network. For Remote Play to function over a wide area network, a robust and stable WiFi connection and broadband Internet connection is required, and the local area network where PS4 is connected must be configured to permit the PS Vita system to access PS4.
What features will be available with PlayStation Plus on PS4?
The following benefits will be available only to PlayStation Plus members on PS4:
- Online Multiplayer
- Enjoy multiplayer competitive and cooperatives games via the internet.
- Instant Game Collection
- Access to a regular, curated selection of titles made exclusively available to PlayStation Plus members at no additional cost. The PS4 titles available on Instant Game Collection at PS4′s launch in North America will include Resogun and Contrast.
- Members will have access to exclusive discounts on PlayStation Store.
- Online Game Save
- Members may automatically (or manually) upload game save files to Online Game Save Storage for safekeeping. Up to 1GB of cloud storage will be allocated to your PS4 save files.
- Other benefits
- Early access to exclusive game content, automatic game patch downloads and installation, and more.