EA today announced the release of the “Treehouse of Horror” update for The Simpsons: Tapped Out across iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, as well as on Google Play and the Amazon Appstore. Ghosts have risen from beyond the grave and are haunting the town of Springfield, and it’s up to players to save the town from invading poltergeists and gremlins.
From the writer of the Treehouse of Horror XXIV television episode comes the update for The Simpsons: Tapped Out. This update has multiple connections to one of the episodes’ three tales called “Freaks, No Geeks” which centers around The Burnsum and Baily Circus, Mr. Burns’ 1930s traveling circus. These tie-ins give players daily quests, as well as items that will appear in the show. Plus, fans who tune in to Treehouse of Horror XXIV on FOX on Sunday, October 6th have a chance to unlock a special item from the Treehouse of Horror episode by answering a trivia question.
The “Treehouse of Horror” update includes:
- New Characters: Take part in a night time hunt with Count Burns, brush up on child-baking skills with Suzanne the Witch, or help Maude Flanders get revenge on Homer.
- New Buildings: See the future at the Gypsy Fortune Teller Shop, climb to the top of King Homer’s Skyscraper, enjoy holy donuts at the First Church of Lard Lad, relax in the pinnacle of murderous modern technological housing in the Ultrahouse 2, and much more.
- New Ride: Twirl ‘n’ Hurl is a thrilling new ride now available for Krustyland. Collect enough GOO and have Kang and Kodos send your guests through the air on a ride that may remind them of what they had for lunch.
- New Decorations: If ghosts, ghouls and gremlins aren’t enough to get in the season’s mood, then enjoy a variety of terrifying decorations that will both set the stage for the holiday and raise your conformity rating.
- New Quests: Will the ghosts of spirits past find rest? Will the town endure the invasion of ghosts and gremlins? Will Booberella find work? Will players be able to collect enough GOO to win all of the prizes?