Bohemia Interactive are pleased to announce that DayZ is now live on Steam for £19.99. DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that the Early Access offer is a representation of their core pillars, and the framework they have created around them.
It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. Bohemia strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.
DayZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can. Players can experience powerful events and emotions arising from the ever-evolving emergent gameplay. There are no superficial tips, waypoints, built in tutorials or help given to players. Every decision matters, there are no save games, no extra lives, every mistake can be lethal. If you fail, you lose everything and you need to play again from the beginning with nothing but your wits, and your two hands. Fight the hostile environment, where every other player can be friend or foe and nothing can be taken for granted.
Key Features in Alpha
- Chernarus – 230 sq. km chunk of post soviet state, featuring deep forests, cities, villages, abandoned military bases, and more..
- Up to 40 players per server – Rich server / client architecture developed from scratch.
- Persistent player profile – Key player data is persistent across all servers.
- Inventory – Combine various clothing items, equipment and carry all of the items that you will need to survive the harsh new environment in the open and intuitive inventory system developed to answer the needs of crafting and character customization.
- Crafting – In the apocalyptic world of DayZ, resources are sparse and every useful bit should be utilized. Items or equipment can be improved, turned into something else or fixed using the new crafting mechanisms.
- Weapon customization – Use customizable firearms with authentic ballistics and weapon characteristics as well as melee weapons to protect yourself against all the dangers a survivor may face.
- Customizable clothing – Customize your survivor with a multitude of new clothing items that can be scavenged from the remnants of civilization, which provide various degree of protection against the elements, infected, and other survivors.