The first-person urban survival game Nether receives a content update containing content voted on by the early access fans. This is the first in a series of content updates voted for by the fans.
All new features include:
- A Subway System – a brand new subterranean tunnel system that adds a whole new layer of depth to the decimated cityscape
- A Wing Glider – allows players to make quick getaways or tactical moves by flying from rooftops to lower level roofs or platforms
- A New Nether – heavy, Golem enemy, massive in size and damage, requiring cooperative play to bring it down
- New “Surge” Objective – a new world-objective that has players kill a mini-boss that attacks random areas of the city for an experience boost
- New in-game items, including a flashlight, compass, road flare and smoke grenades
Nether will continue using player input on features for future updates and fans can currently vote here to determine if the next update will include either a helicopter or motorbike as an in-game mode of transportation.
“Our goal with Nether has always been to create content and a gaming experience that includes the community,” said Chip Sineni, Creative Director at Phosphor Games. “Since launching Nether into early access we’ve received tremendous feedback from our fans and we’re psyched to release the first set of public-driven features for everyone to enjoy.”
Nether is a first-person urban survival gaming experience unlike any other. Nether forces players to make quick life-saving decisions in an unforgiving environment. In this post-apocalyptic urban world, death is waiting around every corner, at the top of high-rise buildings, and in the grasp of powerful teleporting creatures known as nethers. To navigate this high-tension environment, players must use skill and cunning in order to obtain food, weapons, supplies, and other resources necessary to survive in a desolate and dangerous city. Players will need to choose whether or not to team up with others or go at it solo against the nethers, other players, and unpredictable, treacherous world objectives. In the end, players must decide if they will Prey or Pray.
More information on this title can also be found at http://playnether.com as well as at http://facebook.com/playnether or on Twitter @PlayNether.