Lite version of companion app coming soon to iOS and Android, full version bringing extra functions when the game launches on February 28th.
Square Enix and Eidos-Montréal, the award winning studio behind the critically acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution, today announced that an official Thief companion app is heading to Android and iOS devices. The companion app will enable fans to gain additional insight into the Thief universe and offer a second-screen experience to fully engage with the game upon release.
The lite version available in multiple languages later this month includes Thief news as it happens, access to all the latest trailers, artwork, exclusive screenshots and in-depth character bios and further details of the game’s story. The full version of the app will be available when the game launches and is packed with additional functionality and content including:
- Direct Link to the main game to track your in-game stats and stolen loot
- Official Wiki created in partnership with IGN.com
- Official interactive digital maps created by Prima
- Issues #1 and #2 of the Official Thief digital comics created by Dark Horse Comics
- Exclusive never before seen art and background content direct from the development team
- Access to official Thief merchandise
Thief is due for release on 28th February 2014 in all European and PAL territories for Windows PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.