Step back to 1994 as Square Enix’s Final Fantasy VI is available on the App Store for iOS devices, priced at $15.99/£10.99.
Originally released in for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1994, the game’s graphics have been recreated to bring the world of Final Fantasy VI to your iOS device for the very first time. One of the graphics designers involved in the Final Fantasy series from the very start, Kazuko Shibuya, personally worked on the main characters and supervised this recreation.
- Final Fantasy VI features intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. In particular, the battle interface has received a complete overhaul for smartphones.
- The magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake will also make a return. In addition, events have been optimized for user-friendly touch controls.
- Need a hint? Mog will help players who are stuck by telling them what they should do next.
- The album feature will allow players to revisit the story of the game, just in case they missed an event or need to catch up.
- Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that’s best for you.
About Final Fantasy VI
The War of Magi left little but ashes and misery in its wake. Even magic itself had vanished from the world. Now, a thousand years later, humankind has remade the world through the power of iron, gunpowder, steam engines, and other machines and technologies.
But there is one who possesses the lost power of magic, a young girl name Terra, whom the evil Empire has kept enslaved in an effort to harness her power as weapon. This leads to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire’s clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.